Effective Date: August 20, 2018
I participate in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework. I am committed to subjecting all personal data received from the European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at www.privacyshield.gov/list.
I am responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. I comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, I am subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, I may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
For all personal information collected from EU customers, you may contact me at P.O. Box 479, Southampton, NY 11969. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that I have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact me directly at [email protected]
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Collection and Use of Personal and Non-Personal Information
You can browse my websites without revealing any personal information. Personal data is collected if you choose to provide them. In compliance with applicable law, I collect information from different points of my sites, and I am the sole owner of the information collected.
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and other information that you provide by filling out contact and mailing forms; this includes information provided at the time of registering, posting material, or requesting services
- Billing information, such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique identifiers, such as username or password
I also collect the following non-personal information, if you wish to provide it:
- Information about your business, such as company name, company size, and business type
- Demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and zip code
- Details of transactions based on your activities on the site, and the fulfillment of our orders
- Correspondence with other users, galleries, or auction houses directly, and correspondence sent to me
This may also include information collected from surveys or contests, which may include contact information and demographic information. I may, in compliance with applicable law, combine your information with information lawfully acquired from other organizations, and use it to improve and personalize services, content, and advertising.
I may use this information in the following ways:
- To send you an order or cancelation confirmation, or notify you about changes in service
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, products, or services when you choose to do so
- To assess your needs to determine suitable products
- To send you requested product or service information
- To prevent, discover, and investigate violations of applicable Terms and Conditions, including policies against offering to purchase or sell my works outside of my website
- To respond to customer service requests
- To administer your account
- To send you a newsletter
- To send you marketing communications
- To administer contests and sweepstakes you entered, and notify you if you won
- To provide the financial services you requested
- To respond to your questions and concerns
- To improve my website and marketing efforts
- To conduct research and analysis
- To display content based upon your interests
- To facilitate your transactions with me
You may choose to stop receiving my newsletters or marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications, or you may contact me directly at [email protected]
You may at several different points on my website request information (e.g., how to become a patron, or how to become a subscriber). To submit a request using the forms provided on the website, you must supply contact information (e.g., name, email, phone number). This information is used by me to provide the information requested.
I may post customer testimonials that may contain personally identifiable information, such as the customer’s name. I obtain customer consent to post names prior to posting the testimonial. If you wish to remove personal information that is being publicly displayed on my website, please contact me at [email protected]
Information Obtained from Third Parties
I may obtain credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
If you provide personal information about others, or if others give us your information, I will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided.
I may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help with our business activities, such as credit card payment systems. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
I may also disclose your personal information:
- With service providers under contract to help with business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, and co-branded credit cards)
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When I believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If I am involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of my assets; in such a case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the websites of any change in ownership, or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
I will not make your contact information available to other users or customers without both party’s consent.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Important things to know about cookies:
- You may disable cookies if your browser permits—the exact procedure will vary from browser to browser, but on most browsers, the help section will tell you how to prevent your browser from automatically accepting cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages (for example, payment portals or social media feeds), but my website has no access to or control over these cookies
I use mobile analytics software to allow myself to better understand the functionality of my Mobile Website on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the website, the events that occur within the website, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the website was accessed from. I do not link the information I store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit during your mobile access to this website.
This website uses your IP address to help diagnose server problems, and to administer my website. This website uses your IP addresses to analyze trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Every time you access this website, some data is temporarily stored and processed in a log file, such as anonymous IP addresses, the browser types, the operating systems, the recalled page, or the date and time of the recall. This data is only evaluated for statistical purposes, to help me diagnose problems with my servers, to administer my sites, or to improve my offer.
I use Local Shared Objects, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom I partner to provide certain features on my website or to display social media feeds and advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Links to Other Websites
When you choose the Facebook “Like” button on my website, you will not be directed to another site, you will remain on jeremynative.com.
I retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that I no longer use your information to provide you services, contact me at [email protected]. I will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce my agreements.
Storage of Information; Transmission to the United States
All information you provide is stored on a secure server. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using reasonable security. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password with anyone.
When I collect personal information directly from you, it follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted: both during transmission and once received. I will do my best to protect your personal data. Once your information is received, I use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, its absolute security cannot be guaranteed; any transmission is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on this website, please contact me at [email protected]
I am committed to your privacy. To make sure your personal information is secure, please check that you are visiting a verified ‘Jeremy Dennis’ authorized website. My authorized websites are posted only on the following domains: www.jeremynative.com, www.jeremynative.com/onthissite/, www.jeremynative.com/shinnecockportraits/. My emails will only come from [email protected] or the previous domains. I do not permit anyone to send or receive work-related emails from personal accounts or any other address. Do not share your username or password with anyone.
Additional Policy Information
Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
Note to Parents or Guardians
Minors may want to visit my website on the internet. However, the site is not directed at children under the age of 18, and those under the age of 18 should not provide personal data on the site unless they have received permission from their parents before submitting any personal information. These tools are designed to preclude children from releasing personal information online without the permission of their parents. If I become aware that a minor has submitted information on its site, I reserve the right to request proof that the parent or guardian has permitted use by the minor of the site; otherwise, I reserve the right to delete the relevant information and the minor’s registration on the site.
How to Contact Us
I am responsible for the personal data collected from users of this website and determine the purposes and means by which such personal data are used, subject to applicable law.
P.O. Box 479
Southampton, NY 11969