From January 2020 through November 2020, SFAI is bringing together artists, creative practitioners, content experts, and innovative thinkers from all over the world that consider what vitality, prosperity, and sustainability might look like beyond profit; to envision new systems for “making a living” that elevate all of humanity and infuse our world with freedom, compassion, and harmony; and that reflect the profoundly generative acts of labor.
- How can art and creative action conscientiously expand public discourse around the intersections of gender, race, and class with the economic and political dynamics of labor?
- How might artists’ enduring relationship to emotional, intellectual, and immaterial labor improve the recognition and valuation of invisible or marginalized forms of social and cultural production?
- How can we creatively envision and enact bold new models of labor, distinct from dominant global reliance on wages, commodities, and privatized production, and which instead embrace radically humane, inclusive, and collaborative efforts?
The Santa Fe Art Institute is an independent, non-profit 501(c)(3), cultural organization.
We have been at our current location on the Midtown campus since 1999.
For more information about our history, visit Celebrating 35 Years.
1600 St. Michaels Drive #31
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Please note our mailing address:
P.O. Box 24044, Santa Fe, NM 87502
Delivery of items to our physical address cannot be guaranteed.
- Enter the campus at 1600 St. Michaels Drive.
- At the T-intersection after the security booth, turn right onto Alumni Drive and veer left to continue through the parking lot.
- Continue straight through the parking lot until you reach the roundabout, turn left.
- After the roundabout, park on your right-hand side. The SFAI entrance is opposite the parking lot.